Ever prayed so hard for something and not receive it then? Ever hear God promise you something but receive when it is overdue?
There are so many times in my life where I have prayed for things and God promised me those things and indeed they came to be though it was not when I wanted them but the beauty of that is God’s promise constantly remained true and God never fails.
I want to link this to a story in the bible of a man who showed true endurance and faith in God through all he went through and that is:Abraham. Abraham was a man of faith, a man who continued to trust God knowing that the promise of his son Isaac was being fulfilled. I don’t know what you are going through right now and I don’t know what you are praying for to God but I can guarantee you that God’s promise over your life is being fulfilled. It is time to put on our faith glasses and trust caps and get your true patience on. There is a verse in the bible that says that all things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose [Romans 8:28] and that is assurance enough that God has got our lives under control . As God’s princesses, we are going to go through things that are going to require is to have faith and endurance and thank God for people like Abraham who have set an example to us that through our tough times, God’s promises remain true. Yes, Abraham had a child with Hagar but God’s promise still remained true.
A few lessons we can learn from Abraham are:
•God’s promises are true and never fail. Life is not going to be a smooth road but I can guarantee you that God will fulfill all promises he has over your life, whether they are overdue or not, He will do it and has done it already. You just have to patient knowing that all things work together for your good, princess.
•Have Faith. We are told in Hebrews 11:1 that faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen, well it is exactly that. The faith that we, as God’s Anointed Princesses, should have is the faith that believes that even in my hard times and trials, God has already overcome them for me and what I have prayed for, I have received in the Name above every name, Jesus.
• Last but not least, Endure. I want you to endure like Abraham did. Abraham did not give up on God and did not stop holding on to God and his promises and I want you to have that exact same attitude. Do not give up, there is a lot God has in store for you and I want you to show patience in knowing that all things have worked out and that it is well with your soul.
I want to challenge that whenever something doesn’t seem to go your way, just look at that situation and remind it of the promises of God over your life. Remind yourself of the promises of God over your life.
Here are a few… 1. You will never be the tail but always the head [Deuteronomy 28:13].
2. God knows you and has set you apart for a holy purpose [Jeremiah 1:5].
3. God will never leave you not will he forsake you [Hebrews 13:5].
4. God is working everything out [Romans 8:28]
As I end off the second part of Endure remember to have faith in God and His promises.
- But he told me:”My kindness* is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak.” So I will brag even more about my weaknesses in order that Christ’s power will live in me. – 2 Corinthians 12:9 [God’s Word Translation]
- *Kindness- grace